Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Mousse cakes

Last Monday, we started working on mousse cakes. With a snow day and me getting sick for the rest of the week, we weren't able to finish them up until this Thursday. I was only around to make the sponge bases, and to decorate them. My amazing partner did the rest (aka the tough part)- she seriously rocks!

We decorated them on Thursday. We made the ganache topping for the chocolate mousse- I think it looks pretty awesome! I have also grown to love making those chocolate filigrees. I filled up an entire huge tray with them! Without much further ado, here are the pictures of the mousse that my partner and I decorated!

Mango mousse

I only posted this so you could see all my filigrees in the background!

Chocolate mousse with ganache


All together now!
You might be wondering about what is wound around the mousse. It's a plasticky material (for the life of me I can't remember what it's called!), and it keeps the mousse from both drying out and from spilling all over the place when it is set.

Since I wasn't around for most of the creating, I don't have too much to say.

Hope you all are having a wonderful Sunday! I'm going to a bakery with a classmate for homework- not even lying!

No comments:

Post a Comment