Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Gone crochetin'

I've had quite the week, so I've been crocheting instead!

I learned how to do this on Friday, and I haven't been able to think of much else! Friday morning, I found this tutorial, and I said to myself "self, you would WAY rather be doing this than homework!" and promptly spent the next 6 hours working on some granny squares. It was totally worth the weird nerve/wrist pain!

 And voila...

Pardon the blur...

After running out of my rad purple yarn, I had to get myself to the internets and buy a few more skeins! I talk uncontrollably about my recent yarn purchases to anyone who will give me a glazed eyes and a nod. I'm pretty excited!

Crochet has always been my crafting nemesis: I can do pretty much anything craft wise that I set my mind to. You should have seen me in Girl Scouts! Crochet was the one thing that always fell out of my head, however.  My grandmother said that I held my crochet hook like a knitting needle, so I would revert back to knitting. I've learned how to crochet at least three or four times in my life. This time (fingers crossed) it stuck!!

I haven't been too inspired by any yarn-y crafts lately because I hate my entire stash of yarn! So I'm getting rid of it. That being said, anyone interested in some vintage-y yarns? Let me know :)

There's more where that came from!

I've totally needed some inspiration in my life. Now I wait (rather impatiently) for my yarn to arrive! It's going to be in all sorts of bright colours!

What's been inspiring you lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment