Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Chocolate and rainy days

I'm still settling into my new job- I've been there for almost three weeks now! It's such a great feeling after you start a new job, and everything all of a sudden makes sense. You know, the first few days of work you feel like you're not quite sure what to do, or where things are, or the names of your fellow coworkers. The past few shifts I've really felt like I know what I'm doing (for the most part: I still have LOTS to learn!).

I LOVE this job! I walk in, and it smells like chocolate. All of my coworkers are really friendly, and the hours just fly by. We work long hours in the chocolate room, but it's worth it. Every day, I feel a really great sense of accomplishment. I love working with my hands, and seeing all the people eating the chocolate I've helped to make feels really rewarding. Our store is where people come to escape, to enjoy a day off from work. Little kids press their faces up against the window to watch what we're doing, and parents snap pictures. I guess I should add that I work in a kitchen with a large beautiful glass window so that customers can see what we are doing. I love it- it makes me feel like I'm on stage!

It's really exciting that I'm doing something that I really enjoy.


Here's a quick little snap of some of the chocolates we make:

And they are delicious.

What's your favorite thing about your job?

No comments:

Post a Comment