Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

One year ago

One year ago, I was packing up my things to move to Toronto. The Big City! Shiny lights, flashing cars and all that jazz. I was leaving behind Peterborough, my home of four years, my only home in Canada. But my time had come to leave, and I was moving on to bigger and better things.


How Canadian is this picture?
When I first moved here, I was terrified! I knew almost no one, where back in Peterborough I couldn't cross the street without seeing someone I knew. My boyfriend and I moved right downtown- just off of Yonge street, in fact. Too many people! All the time! It took some getting used to, but I love it! I love the hustle and bustle, the big huuuge streets, the late nightness of everything. I drove a car for the first time in Toronto yesterday, and it really hit me: I love this city. I love being here; I love being right in the middle of things.

Huge buildings!
I've been in Toronto a year!! Here's to many more years!

No comments:

Post a Comment