Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

I'm obsessed with: Long breakfasts!

Let's start this off by saying: I love breakfast. I've always been an eating breakfast type of gal. I just can't function without it! I can get obsessed with things (which could explain why I can listen to the same song for hours), so I go through breakfast "phases". In high school, I ate Vector cereal far too much. Then, I ate Special K cereal (the kind with strawberries), with Belgian waffles on the weekend (I was in university on a student plan). I also ate granola fairly often during university. The next big obsession was cottage cheese with jam, on toast with butter (thanks, Opa!). When I got sick of it after a year or so, I felt lost. I managed by eating hardboiled eggs on toast, but who has the time to hardboil an egg every single morning? I didn't. I spent this entire school year only eating cooked lentils on toast. Honestly, so good. But now we're at this point in time, and I just can't bring myself to eat either of those delicious breakfasts anymore. I've been scraping by, eating cereal or toast with peanut butter and jam. I need a new obsession, stat!


Things on toast. For ever.

But for my weekends? You'll find me spending a long time cooking something delicious for myself. I love waking up early, and having the whole morning to cook breakfast, drink coffee and wake up.

This morning, I'm making myself some Toasted Coconut Breakfast Risotto. It's amazing! Okay, I won't even lie to you- I'm making it because I have some little odds and ends to eat before we start packing. But what an exciting way to use up all the different types of coconut that I have in my pantry!

What's your favorite breakfast?

No comments:

Post a Comment